General Meeting November 6, 2023
Why We Exist
The general school operating budget provided at the District Level is roughly 1/4 the Booster Club Budget-without the Cardinal Fund, your children would have very few of the enrichment experiences they currently receive, and staff would receive very little in appreciation. Your donation to the Cardinal Fund truly makes a difference. Here’s how……
What We’ve Done So Far….For Students!
1. Free ice cream once a month on Peeps on the Playground days.
2. Free community events. (Fall Festival, Urban Air in December, Movie Night, Bingo Night, International Day, Field Trips, STEAM Day, Cardinal Fest, Grade-Level parties, Dollar Days Raffle, 5th Grade Silent Disco Graduation Party, Assembly Award Prizes, and this year we’re giving $20 to each student for the Book Fair!)
We are able to provide these fun enrichment events because of your generous donations to the Cardinal Fund over the years!
What We’ve Done So Far….For Staff!
1. Monthly staff refreshment stocking in conjunction with grade-level donations.
2. Monthly staff lunches and holiday luncheons.
3. Teacher wish lists- we’ve provided over $1,000.00 of classroom supplies for teachers this year. Requests have ranged from cultural speakers to regular classroom supplies.This directly impacts the students of Valley View.
4. Staff gifting- this year we have raised staff gifting to include monetary gifts at Thanksgiving, the winter holiday, and the end of the year.
5. Staff Shout Outs- a way to remind the staff how great they are with a Starbucks Gift Card! Staff
Appreciation this year has been well received- this is all thanks to your donations to the Cardinal Fund!
What We’ve Done So Far….Curriculum Supplements
1. A subscription to StemScopes- a new approach to math instruction.
2. Additional math workbooks and homework guides for all grade levels (just approved!)
3. Staff professional development and conference attendance.
4. Time for Kids & Story Works- weekly take home readers for classrooms.
5. Science Supplies.
6. Art Sketchbooks.
7. Junior Library Subscription.
What We’ve Done So Far….School Beautification
- Digital Marquee - Coming Winter 2023
- Cover for pickup line
- New Mural for blank wall in entry - Coming Winter 2023
What We Have Planned….
- Parent Social- November 13th, 6-9 pm at Patrizi’s- Tickets are $8 and include dinner and one drink of your choice! RSVP TODAY if you want to attend! Tickets available on booster website!
- Movie Night: Friday December 1, featuring Super Mario Brothers
- Free Ice Cream Day: Friday December 1
- Staff Holiday Luncheon: December 21
- Staff gifting: November and December
- Staff Fridge Re-Stock: November and December
- Community Social: Urban Air, Sunday December 17th (Free Admission for all VVE Students!)
- Bingo Night: Friday February 1
- Ongoing: Staff Wishlists, Field Trips, Curriculum Expenses, Enrichment Activities for all students.
How You Can Help…. Volunteer at an event!
- Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kim Kirkland, at: email@example.com
- International Day Chair Elect(s): Happens in February, our current chairs are aging out of VVE and we need someone to take over for 2024!
- Donate to the Cardinal Fund! As you can see, every penny you give is used to support the students and staff at Valley View Elementary!
- Stock the Fridge! You will receive a notice from your grade-level representative when it’s your turn to help!
- Science Closet: We are looking for parents with construction experience to help us tear out the existing shelving from the science closets and replace it with new shelving and cabinets with countertops. Is this you? Please let Ashley know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speakers for International Day: We are looking for speakers for International Day in February. Interested in helping? Please email Kim at email@example.com.