Welcome to Valley View Elementary!
We are so glad you are here! Or that you are thinking about being a part of the VVE Family!
We have created this webpage to help you and your children have a successful and smooth transition!
Please contact any or all of the VVE Booster Club Board Members at any time for any questions or if we can be of help in any way!
Register on the VVEBC website:
• Volunteer in your child's class, at school-wide events and many other opportunities
• Purchase school supplies, VVE spirit wear, yearbooks and donate to Cardinal Fund
• View online directory, school calendar and more
Enroll your child in Kindergarten
Attend Kindergarten Round-Up in March or April
Attend all or one of the Summer Kindergarten Playdates organized by the VVEBC to meet other Kinder Parents and children - information can be found on VVEBC website or Facebook
Find Teacher Assignment two days before the 1st day of school on Eanes Skyward
• Roomy enough to transport snack, lunch, and important papers/homework.
• Practice at home opening and closing backpack
• Check your child’s backpack/folder every day.
• Label everything - lunchbox, snack containers, backpack, jacket, sweaters, etc.
• Fruit, cheese, crackers, dried fruit, yogurt, etc.
• Avoid foods items excluded by your classroom teacher due to life-threatening food allergies that may be present.
LUNCH & RECESS
• Each class gets 25 minutes for lunch
• Each Friday is treat day—ice cream and special treats are sold for purchase
• Access the following on the VVEBC Website Quick Links:
*Eanes Student OnLine Payments—to add money
*Lunch Schedule times
*Lunch Restriction Form - Restrict menu items like cookies, chocolate milk, or allergy items from being able to be purchased
• Each class gets 30 minutes for recess
• Access Recess Schedule times on VVEBC website Quick Links
Parents are allowed and encouraged to join their students for lunch and/or recess any day - -
EXCEPT for the first 2 weeks of school or until the Principal informs Kinder Parents they can join.
Transitioning into school can be tough for littles.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
EISD uses Smart Tag system to track every student’s transportation needs for arrival & dismissal.
Download the app and set up an account and Bookmark it on a computer!
• Check your Bus Route –link on VVEBC Website Quick Links
Morning Drop Off:
• As early as 7:00am at the front portico
• Once buses arrive—please drop off students at fire hydrant—teachers will be there to walk students into the school.
• Tardies begin at 7:40am
Afternoon Pick Up:
• School Dismissal is at 2:50pm
• Car Line is the left lane at the lower part of the island.
• Car Line up can begin at 2:30pm
• Do NOT leave your car unattended in car line during this time
• Parents will be called if student is not picked up by 3:00pm
Rainy Day Dismissal instructions are sent via email by school as needed.